Andra L. Watkins CPA founded Positus consulting llc based upon the firm belief that she knows how to take small and medium sized businesses where they want to be. During her tenure at POSITUS, she has worked with over 150 clients and counting, helping them hone in on growth tactics that have led to double and triple digit expansions. Whether a business is seeking a broad range strategy for growth or insight into overcoming a specific roadblock, Andra gives honest, holistic strategies that help clients be more profitable and successful.
Andra gives back to her community, acting in over 30 productions in the Charleston area and beyond. Currently, she serves on the Board of the East Cooper Breakfast Rotary Club and is a member of the Executive Board as Club President. She served on the Board of Advisors at the Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston. She was also First Vice-President of the Board of Directors for the Footlight Players, the oldest community theater group in the Southeastern United States. She is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and is the District 7770 Rotary Friendship Exchange Chair for 2009 – 2010.
Professionally, she is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants. Nationally, she has been profiled in such publications as BusinessWeek and Inc.com.
Andra won the Rising Star category at the 2008 Influential Women in Business Awards. She was a member of Leadership Charleston Class of 1999 and was awarded a spot in the Charleston Regional Business Journal’s 2004 Forty Under 40 lineup. In 2007, she was invited to act as a judge for the Forty Under 40 awards by the Charleston Regional Business Journal.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND DISTINCTIONS
· Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants 1993 – present
· South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants 1993 – present
· East Cooper Breakfast Rotary Club, Board member 2005 – present; Club President 2012 – 2013; Club Vice President 2011 - 2012; Club Treasurer 2010 – 2011; Club Secretary, 2009 – 2010; district friendship exchange coordinator 2009- present; service projects committee chair, 2007-08; public relations chair 2008-09; member 2002 – present
· South Carolina Chamber of Commerce Small Business Committee, member 2007 – 2009
· Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art, Board of Advisors, 2007 – 2009
· Footlight Players, First Vice-President, 2006-2007; Board Member 2004 – 2007
· Rotary Club of St Johns Parish, member 1997 – 2002; secretary 1999-2001; vice-president 2002
· Daughters of the American Revolution, member 1998 – present
· Acting with theater companies such as the Footlight Players, Charleston Underground Theater, Actors Theater of South Carolina and Charleston Guerilla Theater 1991 – present
· Rising Star Winner, 2008 Influential Women in Business Awards
· Charleston Regional Business Journal Forty Under 40 2004
· Leadership Charleston Class of 1999
· Rotarian of the Year, East Cooper Breakfast Rotary Club, 2005-06 and 2007-08